As an enthusiastic and professional individual I have enjoyed working in a range of different environments and in my most recent role utilised my excellent planning and interpersonal skills in developing and driving forward a new structure and way of working for my team, who support individuals through trailblazer apprenticeship schemes. I have gained the trust and respect of colleagues and customers through excellent communication skills and a willingness to take on challenges to support them. A proven line manager I thrive on working to deadlines and consistently, using my own initiative to look for innovative ways of working and regularly demonstrate high levels of motivation. I possess an ability to create new and manage existing professional relationships and am seeking to apply these skills and qualities to a managerial role.
Babcock International Group – Jul 16 –Present
Apprentice Development Facilitator (ADF) Team Leader
Continuing my employment with Babcock International I have been part of the team that completed the transition and change programme for the Network Rail Apprenticeship Scheme from its south coast base to a new location in Coventry and am currently developing new areas of support for the expanding contract. As well as undertaking the duties form my previous role I have and am:
- Planning and implementing the development of the ADF team to support apprentices in Coventry, York and Basingstoke including the new elements of the position across the contract.
- Planning the restructure of the ADF Team to support the growing contract which includes the creation of new roles within the team.
- During the transition period recruited a whole new team of ADF’s and Residential Support Officers to support the delivery of the contract in Coventry
- Embedded and supported the new team in to Babcock and been a direct line manager for the 9 members of the team.
- Through an innovative approach adapted existing and created new processes and have been a focal point for ADF support across the contract.Babcock International Group
- Employed within the Support Services Division on the Network Rail Apprenticeship contract to support, mentor and coach engineering apprentices on the apprenticeship scheme.
Babcock International Group – Sep 15 – Jul 16
Apprentice Support Officer (ASO)
- Through conducting regular 1-1 reviews and support meetings provided apprentices with an opportunity to raise any issues or concerns they have and tracked their progress on course.
- Delivered in line with agreed KPI’s detailed reports and reviews ensuring the information is both correct and relevant to the individual involved.
- During the residential phase of the apprenticeship I provided pastoral support and mentored apprentices to ensure the correct support mechanisms were in place should any outside factors impact their ability to complete their course.
- Supported apprentices with issues regarding the academic aspect of the apprenticeship which included signposting/supporting the apprentice to gain additional learning support if required.
Sparsholt College Hampshire – Nov 13 – Sep 15
Apprenticeship Liaison Officer
Employed within the Commercial Services Department to support and recruit both employers and individuals onto and through apprenticeship programs. In this role I:
- Pro-actively marketed and account managed employers in relation to apprenticeships and worked with them to decide if an apprentice was suitable for their organisations.
- Supported employers with recruitment when taking on an apprentice including job descriptions, advertising and forwarding suitable candidates to employer and undertook Health and Safety checks and enrolment of apprentices for employer.
- Completed initial telephone interviews and received application forms. Conducted face to face interview and assessments of candidates and provided support, advice and feedback to them.
- Attended networking and careers events where both employers and candidates were present and were engaged in discussions surrounding apprenticeships.
- Conducted regular reviews in line with agreed KPI’s ensuring both apprentices are progressing at a pace where they will finish the program on time and to the right standard.
Careers Development Group – Feb 13 – Aug 13
- Employed to provide Information, Advice and Guidance and ensured active participation was maintained to customers enrolled on to the Work Programme in Portsmouth. In this role I:
- Effectively advised customers on improvements to their CV, cover letter, job searching activity and all actions to ensure positive steps were taken back in to employment.
- Supported customers in creating accounts and searching on job board website and supported them in applications for specific roles.
- Communicated with customers on a regular basis to ensure they were informed of potential vacancies, available courses and in-centre activities and referring customers to external agencies for additional support as required.
- Conducted group sessions with customers to support them identify, search and apply for vacancies, improve their IT skills and with any other area of job searching activities.
Forces Recruitment Services (Surrey) – Sep 11 – Feb 13
Director & Owner
Managed and ran my own Recruitment Consultancy which consisted in the overall decision making process for the business. As the director I:
- Was responsible for overall financial control of my business including invoices, VAT, Corporation Tax, Cashflow and all the general administrative and budgetary tasks that come with running a small business.
- Had overall control of the recruitment process from winning contracts, building new partnerships and account management of these. Promoted business through various channels including magazine, newspaper coverage, social media, blogs/sites, email campaigns, presentations and networking events.
- Worked directly with employers in identifying candidates for vacancies and acted as third party between client and candidate until the candidate has started employment.
- Extensively used computers and software including individual and multi posting job board advertising sites, job boards, Microsoft applications, customer relationship management software and bespoke candidate databases.
BAE Systems Surface Ships – Aug 09 – Sep 11
Weapons Technician to System Support Engineer
Employed in an Engineering Team in Portsmouth Naval Base whose responsibility was to ensure HM Ships Weapon Systems defects were maintained and rectified as required. This included supporting and leading engineering teams in diagnosis, rectification and commissioning of weapon systems. I liaised with the customer on a regular basis regarding equipment status whilst producing equipment reports and controlled equipment documentation & publications which included COSHH, Health & Safety and Risk Assessments material.
Royal Navy – Feb 97 – Aug 09
Operator Mechanic 2nd Class to Petty Officer Weapon Engineer
Throughout a varied 12 year career in the Royal Navy I served on a number of HM Ships and Shore Establishments as firstly a weapons operator before qualifying to become a weapons engineer. I was employed in a number of roles including section leader, team leader/member, instructor, deputy building manager, club/mess committee member and coach/mentor and through training and development gained promotion to team leadership status.
|IOSH Managing Safely||Oct 14|
|Certificate in Sales & Marketing||Jul 09|
|Foundation Degree of Engineering in Electronic Engineering||Nov 06|
|Institute of Leadership & Management Level 3 – First Line Management||Feb 07|
|NVQ Level 2 – Engineering Maintenance||Dec 05|
|NEBS Management – Introductory Certificate in Management||Mar 01|
|IGCSE in Mathematics||Jun 04|
|City & Guilds 236 (Part 1) in Electrical Installation||Jan 96|
The majority of my spare time is spent with my family. My partner and I have 4 children between us and we enjoy short family breaks and generally going out together. I enjoy most sports on a social basis and from time to time enjoy completing charity events.
- Full UK car and Cat C licence
- LinkedIn Profile – http://www.linkedin.com/in/anthonybrown78